Monday, September 23, 2013

50 Days of Life As I Know It. A Plan to Savor Each Moment Left


It's official. I have 50 days left until I am on board a plane with my sister to Bali, Indonesia. I have thought of this for so long and now that reality has set in I have a mix of emotions. Of course I am beyond excited to be traveling in South East Asia for 6 months, but there is that sentimental side of me that has been creeping up every day since we booked our one way ticket. As the 50 day mark came upon me I realized that life as I know it is about to change in every way, at least for 6 months, maybe forever . I decided that until I leave I want to savor all of those little moments, those little things, that I may not feel or see for a long time. I thought of coming up with a list of 50 things to do, or 50 things that I will miss but I could only get to 35. So here is a mix of things I want to take in before I leave:


  1. Enjoy the fall leaves
  2. Do yoga as often as I can while I can still do it on a whim in my bedroom without getting in the way
  3. Play my music out loud when no one is around
  4. Wear as many outfits as possible and dress up for work. I'm going to be living out of a backpack soon enough
  5. Spend useless bored moments on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and remember that I have entertainment for now
  6. Make a smoothie every morning not because it's healthy but because I can. Those blender days will be over
  7. Eat as much pumpkin pie as possible
  8. Lounge around in yoga/pj pants whenever I want
  9. Lay on the couch and watch TV whenever possible
  10. Spend countless hours killing my hair with a straightener
  11. Use up all of my make up by getting done up every day
  12. Take as many random photos to send by text or Snapchat as possible
  13. Enjoy having a routine. I should want to run from this but it keeps me sane
  14. My stuff. My pictures, my jewelry, my books, my stuff.
  15. Love waking up in my own bed. Blankets, cool air, big stretches, sleeping in
  16. Breath in the cool fresh air because it's going to be hot and humid
  17. Wear sweaters as many days as possible
  18. Bake cookies, cakes, chicken anything that involves an oven
  19. Have long hot baths. This is something I will terribly miss however I'll let the ocean be my bathtub
  20. Change my nail polish often while I have many options
  21. Drive a car whenever I have the chance
  22. Hug everyone in my family every time I see them
  23. Wear jeans. My body will not see these for a very long time
  24. If I get a chance, enjoy the first snowfall. I never wish for snow early but I want those big night snowflakes that stick in your hair.     
  25. Buy a tub of ice cream and eat it all before I leave
  26. Talk on the phone. I don't do this often but love when I do and shall do more of it
  27. See as many friends and family members as I can
  28. Enjoy the simple hot showers
  29. Don't take for granted those moments when people need me
  30. Have as many silly random conversations with as many inside jokes as possible, those are the moments I will think of when I miss people
  31. Enjoy food like Kraft Dinner, grilled cheese, anything that is home
  32. Play with the new roommate (the baby), when I get back he will have grown so much
  33. Make sure I am not mad or holding a grudge with anyone or them with me
  34. Did I mention eating lots of pumpkin pie?
  35. Remember how many wonderful people are in my life and know that each one of them had some part in getting me to where I am today and whether I am close or far I love every one of them in some way
Each day that gets closer to my departure these things are going to get more important to me and that day I take off who knows what will happen but I will be able to look back at this time for the rest of my life and be glad that I let it all soak in. For now I have a ton to do but I am going to enjoy every second that I can in life. There's going to be a new adventure ahead of me and a new blog coming soon. I'm sure there will be many murrments along the way though!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are taking the bull by the horns and getting out to see the world. You are young beautiful and the world is your oyster. I look forward to hearing about your travels!x

    ReplyDelete