Saturday, February 2, 2013

Murrment of the Week: Quotes Going Wrong

It's time again for the Murrment of the Week. First of all I should let you know that my all time favorite movie is Dirty Dancing. I grew up watching this movie over and over again, knowing every line, every sound, and every dance. I can even tell you the moment you can pause the movie and have a screen full of Patrick Swayze's naked bum frozen on your tv screen. Needless to say, I always wanted to fall for a sexy bad boy like Johnny Castle. 
Last weekend I was in a little knick knack store and was ecstatic when I came across a Dirty Dancing key chain. It has buttons which will play one of six quotes from the movies, including the famous, "Nobody put's baby in the corner". After annoying my coworkers with this I decided on Tuesday to throw the key chain in my purse and go home for the day. 
I stopped at a little corner store on the way home to fulfill my craving for salt and vinegar chips. There was an Asian attendant behind the counter and as he gave me my total owing I reached into my purse. As always, I spent what seemed like an eternity digging through my purse looking for my wallet. At this moment of all things that could happen, I had to mistakenly hit the button on my key chain. There I was alone in the store with this man and very loudly all that you could hear was, "I'm scared of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you". All I could say was, "Wow that was awkward". I then explained to him what it was that made the noise and all he could say to me was, "Well at least what you said wasn't meant for me". Murr

I have since learned to take my key chain out of my purse, however I will never stop longing for my Johnny Castle....


3 comments:

  1. He wishes that coment was for him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph says get back to blogging you slacker. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was hilarious, oh my god. of course he was asian.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete