Friday, April 12, 2013

Murrment of the Week. Love On A Leg?



Life has been hectic to say the least. Last weekend I decided it was time to start packing for my upcoming move the end of April. I'm moving in with some friends for the next six months to save up for my big trip. I got home Saturday afternoon and went crazy packing. Some things are set for storage, some to take to the place I will call home and the rest for donation. Nine bags of clothes for donation, four storage bins filled and a few bags of garbage later I found myself almost set to move. I guess I had some good motivation that day because I started to run out of things to pack and have already taken one load of things to my new home.
With three weeks to go I then had to deal with living in chaos in my apartment with all of the containers and bags of stuff waiting to be taken away. It's pretty much like walking through a maze and getting up in the middle of the night to use the toilet is just a bad idea. I pretty much am guaranteed to trip over something. It makes me excited to move but it is no longer my home, no longer my sanctuary and place to find calmness in my life.
My murrment of the week starts with me trying to find some peacefulness in a life of craziness. I came home the other night and after looking around my apartment, seeing my artless walls, all of my last years memories packed away I just wanted to sit down and cry. Instead I decided to take a nice bath.
Being a girl as you all know requires the consistent upkeep of shaving ones legs so there I was in the bath spraying shaving cream on my leg and when I looked at it somehow it came out saying the word "love". I am easily amused by the small things in life and probably spent about five minutes admiring my leg with a possible word spewed on it.
My first thought was I should take a picture and Instagram it because isn't that what I do with everything funny I see? It would have been a great picture. Add a filter, maybe a frame, hashtag love. The usual. Here is where the problem lies. My phone was in the living room on my stereo playing music. I thought long and hard about how I was going to make this work. If I got out of the tub the shaving cream was bound to drip off my leg and would no longer would I have a word. Then I thought maybe I could get out carefully, keep the one leg up and woddle my way over to my phone. It could work.Then I remembered I would be naked. My lights were on and the curtains were open to the street so that would have caused a major murrment. So there I sat in the tub after realizing there would be no picture, no one would believe me, no hash tags would be made, no one would see this great little moment in life when the simple things pleased me and I found my calmness. Coming to this conclusion out loud all I could say was, "MURR".

2 comments:

  1. lol... I hope the big move goes well and that you let us know of any changes of address and can't wait to hear all about the trip!x

    ReplyDelete