Friday, January 25, 2013

Murrment of the Week. Dirty Murr


This week was actually a very good week in respects to murrments. It was pretty uneventful and I was worried I wouldn't even have a Murrment of the Week post. Then I came home Wednesday after work, turned on my hot water, ran it for about twenty seconds and then it ran dry. This week has been ridiculously cold. At times with the wind chill it was minus forty Celsius, so my first thought was maybe the pipes were frozen. I don't know the first thing about plumbing. If you take me to a hardware store, the only thing I am doing in the plumbing section is admiring to copper color of the pipe pieces.

I called my landlord and there have been multiple attempts to fix the water but as of this moment it has been 3 days without running hot water. I just want a hot shower. They say when you can't have something you want it more. Well that is me this week. I want a bubble bath, a steaming hot shower, I even wanted to do dishes just so I could have a sink full of hot water, and I despise doing dishes.

My new best friend is my kettle. We are old friends and have a lot of history making warm tea together, but this week I have had to depend on him. I have had to boil water to bathe every morning. Those of you who know me well know I love camping and this isn't a huge deal to have to boil water to wash, but after a few days that novelty wears off. My horoscope this month told me I should learn to live with less. I get it. I feel like a genuine dirt bag. I think I am going to go to the gym tomorrow just so I can have a good shower. At least it's a good reason to get me there! Not many things make me really grumpy in life. I get cranky when I'm tired, I can't handle people snooping in my business, people who continually let me down and worst of all I can't deal with getting ice cream on the backside of my hand. Other than those things I'm pretty easy going. But this....is murr.

No comments:

Post a Comment