Friday, January 18, 2013

Murrment of the Week

Everyone seems to have understood what murrments means and now I am starting to hear people use the word murr more often which makes me giggle. I decided in keeping with the theme of this blog I would create the Weekly Murrment. This will be posted every Friday with the murrest of all murrments that have happened in my life for the past week.
 

It was hard to choose this murrment because dropping my Iphone, headphones still in my ear ,while on the treadmill was up there for murr. This seems to be a normal occurrence for me though. There was that awkward moment when your phone goes on the treads and flies off behind you and your first instinct is to reach down and grab it, but then you realize you will probably fall face first on the moving treadmill. That is never a pretty thing to see.


This week I decided to go with something that happened to me on Thursday morning. I was taking the regular bus to work. Got off downtown like I do most days to grab a coffee from Bridgehead and switch buses. I got on the 95 bus to get to my destination. First of all I have learned this week not to sit close to the middle doors when it's minus thirty degrees outside, it's damn cold at every stop! So my morning seemed pretty normal, I was escaping into my extremely loud house music on my phone, had my gym bag and my purse awkwardly sitting beside/on top of me and was just chilling out. I look up and there is an Asian kid looking at me really strangely and then smiling. I looked away, looked back and he was still smiling then looked to be mouthing something to me. I thought ok I am way to old for this guy what is his deal. Then he starts pointing at his Tim Hortons coffee cup and then pointing at me. Finally after this going back and forth a couple of times I decide to take out my headphones. I must be horrible at reading body language in the morning because it seemed like he was asking me what kind of coffee I had. So I looked at him, my music still blaring in one ear and yelled, "IT'S BRIDGEHEAD!!" At this point the whole bus heard me, looked at me strange, and the kid still glared at me with a smile. I put my headphones back in and went on listening to my music only to look down and look at my purse and realize I had spilled coffee all over my purse and coat. By now I felt like a loser. I was the random crazy girl on the bus with coffee all over her lap yelling, "IT'S BRIDGEHEAD!!" I discreetly wiped the coffee off and hung my head in shame and said to myself...MURRRRRR

2 comments:

  1. This is a hilarious story. Thank you for the laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just lol'd so hard.. of course he was asian too..

    ReplyDelete