Sunday, January 20, 2013

Why Straight Girls Should Go To The Gay Clubs

 
 
Last night I went with a good friend to Edge Nightclub downtown in Ottawa. This was not my first time in a gay club nor will it be my last, but I thought I would share for all the straight ladies out there why you have to experience this at least once in your life. I knew I was going to write this little piece before I went out, hence my random poses with people in the photo above. Anyone that knows me knows how much I love going out to dance. It's really the only reason I'm in a club. I'm not there to find Mr. Right, or a fling or anything to do with that and that is the number one thing I love about going out to the gay club. You can completely be yourself, enjoy the music and not worry about the creepers lurching around you. So here are my top five reasons why every straight girl should go out to the gay clubs.
 
 
  1. It's a confidence booster. You have multiple men surrounding you telling you that you are gorgeous or beautiful or whatever may be and you know they aren't saying it to get in your pants like the majority of guys at a club would be.
  2. It's has a co-ed washroom and by far the cleanest washrooms I have seen in a club. Going into the ladies room at a regular club is disgusting. It makes me ashamed of being a woman and these boys are clean. Plus you get to have chit chats about clothes while you wash your hands.
  3. You can sing out loud to a whole Lady Gaga song and no one looks at you like you are strange when you are belting out lyrics at the top of your lungs. Look around, they are all doing the same thing.
  4. They play amazing music that keeps you dancing all night! It doesn't have the typical flow of music like a normal club (The house to get the ladies dancing, the random rock to get the guys there, the hip hop to get the booty grinding and then the classic last slow song of the night, your last chance to pick up that one nighter)
  5. You meet a ton of interesting people. No one is afraid to chat, take pictures, dance with you or just be crazy. People are very approachable and not awkward in any way.
 
So there it is. My top five reasons the ladies should try out a gay club. It's a lot of fun, minus when the bar runs out of vodka for the night. If you want a good place to dance the night away without the drama or the pressure then this is worth a try!
 






2 comments:

  1. It was my favourite place to go when i was a kid, Used to go twice a week until boys started realizing that it was the best place to pick up women and started to invade, so if you're going to tell anyone ladies swear them to secrecy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous my dear. Love it

    ReplyDelete